Skip to main content

Living Your Truth


Are you living your truth? 

For the first 4 years of my marriage I thought I was spending my days doing what made me happy by running for fun and coaching ice skating. Quite frankly, I never wanted to be a skating coach. I remember when I was a pre-teen telling my mom that I never wanted to coach, but eventually it was just what I ended up doing to pay for my training. Coaching skating was a very good job to have during college, and I am grateful for the opportunities that I had when I was in Alaska. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

But coaching isn't all I am made of.  Recently you've probably noticed I've retired from coaching and switched my life a bit. In an email written to my mom and dad in March 2015, I wrote, in part, 
All I truly want to be is a wife and mother. When I was in 2nd and 3rd grade I made posters in school when I was "star of the week." In one of the bubbles I had to write what I wanted to be. I always put a picture of mom in that space.  For a long time I felt like I had to work and better myself with my education and working to contribute to support the family until I had a baby. Well, I can't say when that will happen, but I need to live out my dreams now and support my husband at home. I enjoy serving my friends in the church and community as well but I can't do that as thoroughly if I am driving to Kansas City 5 days a week. I would love to do yoga here in Lawrence with my own business but that will manifest itself when it is time, if that is what the Lord wants.   
I want and feel a huge push to work towards my mother and wife dream. I absolutely love to cook and take care of my home for my family. It brings me so much joy. But I don't want to be overburdened by also having to coach and commute.  
You've taught me to go after my dreams and to get as much education as I can. You also taught me to have a relationship with the Lord and to follow the Spirit, or as others call it, your intuition or gut. I'm feeling really prompted to slow down and focus on what is most important. 
Today, I am living my dream more fully than I was three months ago. 
I am home more for my husband. 
I can get the rest that my body so badly needs right now without having to "go-go-go" all the time. 
I am able to serve my friends more and receive of their love in return. 
There is more of me to give to my volunteer position as the secretary of the Young Women's organization at church. 
I have more time to develop my skills and desire to teach people yoga. 

I am Living my Truth more and more every day. I did not start out with everything that I wanted--jeesh, I couldn't just walk down to Wal-Mart and buy a baby. But I could slow my schedule down and trust my heart.

But most important of all, I can trust the Lord.  

How are you going to Live Your Truth?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping for a Rainbow

I'm really not sure if I ever thought this day would come. The day that I made it past 13 weeks pregnant without losing the baby. #miracle.  I know I am not out of the woods yet, and honestly, when are we really? I am just trying to live every day with gratitude for the life inside of me, living with hope for the future.  Part of me wanted to wait until next week, when I was past 14 weeks and officially in the 2nd trimester, but I couldn't wait any longer. I've been getting a little thick in the middle, which is getting more difficult to hide, and I feel like I haven't been able to be completely honest with friends when they would ask, "how are you doing?" All I wanted to talk about was how nauseous I was or how nervous I felt. So now, the news is out, whether or not you already suspected something was up.  Seriously though, the 1st trimester is not for the faint of heart! There were many instances when I thought I would lose the baby, but dee

I'm Pregnant! .....

...or so I thought. And you did too. Happy April Fools Day! I had been having baby dreams and feeling nauseous on and off during spring break, and I knew I would test immediately when I returned home from our road trip. The test was barely visible and I didn't believe it, so I said nothing to Marshall. That night I had a dream where the next pregnancy test I took was a solid double line. Well, two days after the first test, I got my obvious positive. I was so excited. Not knowing if it would be a good pregnancy or not, I tested again two days later and the line was darker, so I felt confident.  The past two pregnancies I miscarried at approximately 6 or 7 weeks both times, so I was pretty nervous about this one. What if it happened again? Would I be strong enough? Knowing that I needed extra strength and prayers, I asked roughly 40 of our family and closest friends to fast and pray with us on Easter Sunday. That Sunday I was on the top of the world. I felt so strong an

Grandpa is Always Right | Gender Reveal |

I was hanging out in our rental apartment in Salzburg, Austria with my sister when my dad walked out of his bedroom and announced that I was having a girl. I was only 11 weeks along at that point and while I was wishfully hoping for a girl, I was preparing myself for a boy. His strong conviction of the gender of our child without any hints from an ultrasound surprised me. My dad seems to always be right about things, so I secretly hoped he was right this time too. Today during my scan, my favorite sonographer announced that we were having a girl. Grandpa is always right. I never imagined our family starting with a baby boy. I don't know why, but a baby girl seems to fit just perfectly. Now I just have to keep calm and stay healthy for 19 more weeks.