Skip to main content

A Recipe for Happiness and Love

If you are wondering how to love someone more, be it your spouse, family member, or coworker, try serving them. Finding ways to serve my husband in creative ways is one of my favorite things to do, and the results are even more rewarding.
My husbandry  has PT (physical training) every morning with either his squad or platoon, so at 5:30am the alarm goes off, and he is out the door by 6. It doesn't really phase me however, because growing up I went to skating practice at 5 or 6am regularly. Well, on some mornings he drops me off at the gym on his way to PT, other days I go running on my own while he is gone, and some days I am just way to tired to do anything but stay right where I am in our warm bed!
Well, this morning I planned on going to the rink for the morning freestyle session to skate, but that meant I had to leave the house by 7:30, which meant I wouldn't see Marshall when returned from PT. It also meant that I wouldn't be there to make him the breakfast of champions which just happens to be 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices, homemade toast w/jam, and milk.

But it's a good thing I love my husband SO much, because I made it for him before i left, put it on a plate with a lid on top (my efforts to keep it warm) and left it on the stove.
What's even more wonderful, is that when I got home from the rink, this is what I found:


The note I found when I got home, in the place of the breakfast I had left for Marshall


And when he got home for lunch, he told me how much it meant to him to have breakfast already made for him. THAT comment made me feel like I was the most important person in his life.

He is SO good to me! Our relationship reminds me of the words of Paul in the New Testament, "Charity never faileth" (1 Corinthians 13:8). Every time I do something for my husband, I love him even more!

I can't even imagine how much I will love him in 50 years! Wow, that's a crazy thought.
So go make breakfast for someone. You never know how good you will feel until you try :-).

Comments

  1. I love this! little notes and gestures are the best. You guys are so perfect for each other. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to look back. After 8 1/2 years I look back on that first year and I'm like pish, I thought I loved him THEN, I had NO IDEA how much I loved him. 8 1/2 years...we haven't even gotten started on Eternity yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right! I love how i love him more each day! It's such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping for a Rainbow

I'm really not sure if I ever thought this day would come. The day that I made it past 13 weeks pregnant without losing the baby. #miracle.  I know I am not out of the woods yet, and honestly, when are we really? I am just trying to live every day with gratitude for the life inside of me, living with hope for the future.  Part of me wanted to wait until next week, when I was past 14 weeks and officially in the 2nd trimester, but I couldn't wait any longer. I've been getting a little thick in the middle, which is getting more difficult to hide, and I feel like I haven't been able to be completely honest with friends when they would ask, "how are you doing?" All I wanted to talk about was how nauseous I was or how nervous I felt. So now, the news is out, whether or not you already suspected something was up.  Seriously though, the 1st trimester is not for the faint of heart! There were many instances when I thought I would lose the baby, but dee

I'm Pregnant! .....

...or so I thought. And you did too. Happy April Fools Day! I had been having baby dreams and feeling nauseous on and off during spring break, and I knew I would test immediately when I returned home from our road trip. The test was barely visible and I didn't believe it, so I said nothing to Marshall. That night I had a dream where the next pregnancy test I took was a solid double line. Well, two days after the first test, I got my obvious positive. I was so excited. Not knowing if it would be a good pregnancy or not, I tested again two days later and the line was darker, so I felt confident.  The past two pregnancies I miscarried at approximately 6 or 7 weeks both times, so I was pretty nervous about this one. What if it happened again? Would I be strong enough? Knowing that I needed extra strength and prayers, I asked roughly 40 of our family and closest friends to fast and pray with us on Easter Sunday. That Sunday I was on the top of the world. I felt so strong an

Grandpa is Always Right | Gender Reveal |

I was hanging out in our rental apartment in Salzburg, Austria with my sister when my dad walked out of his bedroom and announced that I was having a girl. I was only 11 weeks along at that point and while I was wishfully hoping for a girl, I was preparing myself for a boy. His strong conviction of the gender of our child without any hints from an ultrasound surprised me. My dad seems to always be right about things, so I secretly hoped he was right this time too. Today during my scan, my favorite sonographer announced that we were having a girl. Grandpa is always right. I never imagined our family starting with a baby boy. I don't know why, but a baby girl seems to fit just perfectly. Now I just have to keep calm and stay healthy for 19 more weeks.