Skip to main content

Best Indian Food in Fairbanks (date night!)

Has the weather in Fairbanks not been AMAZING the past couple of days?? With highs in the upper 70s and a slight breeze, it is nothing short of idyllic. Well, we could get rid of the mosquitos without any complaining, but I don't think they're going anywhere.

Oh my goodness...there is grass!
Chena Lake at 6:30PM. Look at that
glorious sun!

Anyways, Marshall's schedule has been all messed around, so we decided earlier this week that we needed to take the opportunity to go on an extra date on Thursday before my mom gets here next week. What did we do? Nothing fancy, but it included food, sunshine, exercise, and cuddling on the couch. Not bad for a date.

Marshall, just enjoying the amazing food.
My favorite ethnic food is Indian, but I didn't think we had any restaurants in Fairbanks. Until I heard a rumor that the Pizza 4 Less restaurant sells Indian food to go if you ask for a menu (click here for their menu). How random is that? But it's definitely legit, because the owner and his wife (the cook) are both Indian and their pizza parlor smells like Indian food. Go figure! I called in our order, and then we rode our bikes to redbox and picked up a DVD. The food was ready for us to pick up when we arrived at the restaurant 40 minutes later, and I was so pleased with the friendly service! Because we rode our bikes, I was hoping the food would be in plastic grocery sacks so we could easily carry it out. But it was in a cardboard box lid. With a smile I asked the guy if he had bags, and he willingly went into the back to find some and when I told him we were on our bikes, he smiled a bit and said, " ya I saw that." :) He packaged our food up so nicely and said, "your food should be safe for the bike ride now."

 246 Illinois Street #3-A, Fairbanks, Alaska

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the service is amazing!! And the price was really fair and decent too. Especially for Fairbanks. Sure beats the Pump House, and unlike many Thai places in town, basmati rice is even included in your meal! A LOT of rice too.


We took our "picnic" across the bridge downtown and sat in the shade on the grass by the side of the Chena. We ate our food like Indians...by using our Naan as spoons because they forgot to give us spoons. What did we eat?? Oh my goodness, I had Navaratan Korma ("an assortment of vegetables cooked in a mildly spiced, creamy cashew and almond sauce.") and he had Rogan Josh ("tender cubes of lamb cooked in traditional Punjabi masala"). We ordered two slices of Naan, but the slices were huge, so we were not disappointed. And the fennel-flaked basmati rice, well, they were generous in that aspect as well.

 "Eating" pictures are always attractive. haha

Needless to say, we enjoyed basking in the glorious 6:30pm sunshine, and then biked back home to get some water and watch our movie.

I finally watched my first zombie movie. I've kinda been avoiding zombie associated things like the plague because I think it's ridiculous. But Marshall wanted to see "Warm Bodies," and since it was a love story, I figured it was worth a shot. Though I'm still not into zombie apocalypse pop culture, this movie wasn't bad at all. :)

It was just wonderful to be able to take advantage of the time we have together, while we still have it.
So if you're ever craving Indian food in Fairbanks, well, you know where to go and it won't break the bank! You're welcome. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping for a Rainbow

I'm really not sure if I ever thought this day would come. The day that I made it past 13 weeks pregnant without losing the baby. #miracle.  I know I am not out of the woods yet, and honestly, when are we really? I am just trying to live every day with gratitude for the life inside of me, living with hope for the future.  Part of me wanted to wait until next week, when I was past 14 weeks and officially in the 2nd trimester, but I couldn't wait any longer. I've been getting a little thick in the middle, which is getting more difficult to hide, and I feel like I haven't been able to be completely honest with friends when they would ask, "how are you doing?" All I wanted to talk about was how nauseous I was or how nervous I felt. So now, the news is out, whether or not you already suspected something was up.  Seriously though, the 1st trimester is not for the faint of heart! There were many instances when I thought I would lose the baby, but dee

I'm Pregnant! .....

...or so I thought. And you did too. Happy April Fools Day! I had been having baby dreams and feeling nauseous on and off during spring break, and I knew I would test immediately when I returned home from our road trip. The test was barely visible and I didn't believe it, so I said nothing to Marshall. That night I had a dream where the next pregnancy test I took was a solid double line. Well, two days after the first test, I got my obvious positive. I was so excited. Not knowing if it would be a good pregnancy or not, I tested again two days later and the line was darker, so I felt confident.  The past two pregnancies I miscarried at approximately 6 or 7 weeks both times, so I was pretty nervous about this one. What if it happened again? Would I be strong enough? Knowing that I needed extra strength and prayers, I asked roughly 40 of our family and closest friends to fast and pray with us on Easter Sunday. That Sunday I was on the top of the world. I felt so strong an

Grandpa is Always Right | Gender Reveal |

I was hanging out in our rental apartment in Salzburg, Austria with my sister when my dad walked out of his bedroom and announced that I was having a girl. I was only 11 weeks along at that point and while I was wishfully hoping for a girl, I was preparing myself for a boy. His strong conviction of the gender of our child without any hints from an ultrasound surprised me. My dad seems to always be right about things, so I secretly hoped he was right this time too. Today during my scan, my favorite sonographer announced that we were having a girl. Grandpa is always right. I never imagined our family starting with a baby boy. I don't know why, but a baby girl seems to fit just perfectly. Now I just have to keep calm and stay healthy for 19 more weeks.