Earlier this month I was trying to read the recipe I was creating for dinner, only to find myself struggling with the book itself. I wanted the book to stand up on the counter so that I could glance at the instructions while I was cooking instead of having to walk across the room to the dining room table where it often lays (so as to prevent it from getting dirty from food). In a side comment to my husband, I said, "I need a book stand for my cookbook." A few minutes later I realized I didn't hear him in the living room anymore, and I wondered where he had run off to. The house had gotten really quiet. Ten minutes later he reappeared in the kitchen, holding a cookbook stand he had created out of an Erector set. Wow! The based of the stand could use to be a couple inches wider, but it sure worked a million times better than none at all. I guess it's true that I really did marry an engineer.
...or so I thought. And you did too. Happy April Fools Day! I had been having baby dreams and feeling nauseous on and off during spring break, and I knew I would test immediately when I returned home from our road trip. The test was barely visible and I didn't believe it, so I said nothing to Marshall. That night I had a dream where the next pregnancy test I took was a solid double line. Well, two days after the first test, I got my obvious positive. I was so excited. Not knowing if it would be a good pregnancy or not, I tested again two days later and the line was darker, so I felt confident. The past two pregnancies I miscarried at approximately 6 or 7 weeks both times, so I was pretty nervous about this one. What if it happened again? Would I be strong enough? Knowing that I needed extra strength and prayers, I asked roughly 40 of our family and closest friends to fast and pray with us on Easter Sunday. That Sunday I was on the top of the world. I felt so strong an...



Comments
Post a Comment